Each Oekaki Room in the Manga Tutorials Oekaki Board (MOB) now has their own individual rooms. Unfortunately, each room pretty much looks like the next! For this contest, I’d like you to get creative and make a banner for whichever room you want. Winners will have their work used as a banner for the room they enter for!
1) Each person may submit one entry per room for a total of 5 entries. Rooms are the Common Room, Doodle Room, Oekaki Contest, 11-Star Room, and the Drawing Room. Descriptions of each room are below.
2) Their banner must clearly state “MangaTutorials Oekaki Board” and the Name of the Room.
3) Banners must be 800×160 in size and be the artists own work.
3) Banners may be submitted in any of the following formats: png, jpg, gif, psd, xcf, tiff
4) You can either send your entry to me at rio(at)mangatutorials(dot)com, PM me, or post your work here in this thread.
5) Send in your submission(s) by Friday, May 14th.
Prize: Winners will have their work used a banner for the room they win in!!
Good luck to all!!
If you’re new to MOB, to drawing an Oekaki, or would like to try out new painting techniques, then this is your place! This is the room for those who just want to have fun with their drawings. No time requirements. Take as long or as short a time as needed.
This room is for those who have created artwork that is a tad shy of the 11-Star Room but is better than Doodle Room quality. This is for the serious artist who is striving to improve their skill. Recommended minimum time spent on drawing: 30 minutes.
A special room for qualified members who can draw and post as many Oekaki’s they want every day. If you want access to this room, visit the forum for details.
For the meticulous artist who is willing to put time and effort into their artwork. An oekaki drawing entered into the 11-Star Room must exhibit at least one quality that separates the advanced artist from the novice. Required backgrounds must show decent effort and should complement the figure(s). Recommended minimum time spent on artwork is still ONE hour, but that alone does not guarantee if an oekaki piece deserves the room. Any drawing in this room shall be treated like an art piece in a gallery.
Contests held by fellow Oekaki members. Anything goes in the contest from Western themed drawings to manga shorts. The prize is an exclusive drawing from the contest holder. To become a contest holder, please post your interest in the Oekaki Contest Anyone? thread in the forum.
For any questions, please visit the forum. And don’t forget! The deadline is Friday, May 14th EST.